RE: more 3rd party stuff

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:45:34 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Alexander Krasnostavsky wrote:

> About IPv6: when I have changed the code I didn't find a way to reuse all
> the functionality of IPv6 and SSL support. The code was not modular at all.

I am a firm believer in simplity. I don't complicate code that need not be
complicated, and as a consequence, I don't do "modular" little helper
functions all over if there's only one use case.

When we figure out more than one use case, _then_ we make that handy function
and modular code. Before the 3rd party support, there was only one place we
used those FTP commands.

Anyway, I take your comments as a kind of approval that you at least don't
oppose my suggestions and I will therefore proceed with my modifications as
planned.

> As you should remember, I did some decoupling by taken out some code to
> separate functions for reuse. I think that for IPv6 and SSL support the same
> approach should be considered.

Ah, right. We should consider SSL for 3rd party as well... But let's first
focus on getting the current approach to work to get test cases added for it.