Re: CURLOPT_PROXY and --disable-http

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:39:21 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Kai Sommerfeld wrote:

>> Attached here is my suggestion. It would be nice if you could verify that
>> this works as intended. I'll commit it then.

> Your suggested fix has one drawback when used in the OpenOffice.org
> scenario: When building OpenOffice.org, you can either build curl as part of
> it (and curl is then configured with --disable-http), or you can use a curl
> already available on your system. In the latter case, it is unknown to
> OpenOffice.org whether curl was configured with --enable-http or
> --disable-http.

Ok. Thanks for the thorough explanation, it made it perfectly clear to me that
my suggestion wasn't good enough.

I still believe that the code for getting proxy from environment variables
should be disabled when HTTP isn't supported, but the CURLOPT_PROXY still
needs to be possible to disable proxy to make this operation transparent to
apps as you describe.

Feeling pretty sure I understand this now, I committed a fix:

         http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/lib/url.c.diff?r1=1.439&r2=1.440

Let me know if I still miss something!