Re: Confused transactions with curl_multi_perform

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:43:37 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Pavel Orehov wrote:

> I am using libcurl last version 12.7.4 on Suse Linux.

The latest version is 7.12.3. Later versions are daily snapshots/CVS versions
and are development versions (why they're called "7.12.4-CVS" or
"7.12.4-[DATESTRING]").

> I tried to reproduce the problem with small example from doc/examples, but
> it does not happen.

Whenever this happens: a user claims we have a memory problem but can't
produce an example program that shows it, I tend ignore it and wait for more
input. This kind of reports are posted rather frequently and in 99% of all
these cases, it ends up with the user finding the flaw in his end of the code.

It is just too likely that the memory problem is caused by your program,
similar to the description in your libcurl and STL mail. If this was truly a
problem within libcurl (and as serious as the problem you describe), then you
shouldn't have that much trouble to write an app that repeats it.

Feel free to point out where I'm wrong.