HTTP Autentication

From: Dobromir Velev <diadomraz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:56:51 +0200

Hi,
I've been using cURL for quite a while now and I really think it's a
great piece of software. There is though one thing that is bothering
me lately - when username & password are added to the curl options
they are always sent with a HTTP Autorization request no matter the
site requested them or not. I don't if this is a bug or if it was made
this way for a reason.

Currently what I do is to sent a HTTP request without the credentials
and if the server responds with a 401 (Unautorized) and if a "WWW
Autenticate..." header is present in the response I make the second
request with the credentials, but I would prefer to have this
functionality within curl.

--
Regards
Dobromir Velev