Grokking ssh (sftp, scp, ...)

From: bill bobs <billbobs04_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 06:47:41 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Just searching the archives to find out if there has been any movement on the SSH/SCP functionality in libcurl and it doesn't look like it to me. Last I heard, Daniel was looking for volunteers to help out on the project, of which there were none. Correct ? I think I know my limits as a programmer and would consider this beyond my capabilities.

I did find another application/library which does include SSH/SCP functions, and was just wondering if anyone had looked at this for possible code re-use to wrap this api in the curl api ? The product is Cryptlib and can be found here :

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/cryptlib/

Quote: "cryptlib is distributed under a dual license that allows free, open-source use under a GPL-like license and closed-source use under a standard commercial license. In addition, cryptlib is free for use in low-cost, non-open-source applications such as shareware, and for personal and research use."

I don't know if the license conditions would mean it could be used in curl or not - need someone who can actually read and understand license terms to determine that.

Many thanks to all contributors for producing such a great and flexible program/library.

Bill. (not Bill G.)