Re: CURLAUTH_ANY Hangs on CURLOPT_PUT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:13:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Casey O'Donnell wrote:

> Sorry for the run-around. Seems to work fine in 7.12.0.

Goodie.

> Using VC6.0 and libcurl 7.12.0, the included DSP/DSW doesn't produce a .LIB
> file.

(We have this general problem that people don't try curl snapshots before
public releases very much, so every release have build problems on N platforms
since we modify things between releases.)

I believe this is fixed since. Can you get a recent daily snapshot and see if
it works as you'd want it to?

> As an alternative, I attempted to use the included VC6 Makefile, which is
> out of date...

> Have to add $(WINLIBS) to the LNK phase, otherwise the DLL has a bunch of
> undefined symbols. The Makefile.vc6 was also still using Winsock 1 and not
> Winsock 2. I also had to change the DLL name manually after the fact for
> the debug version to libcurl.dll, as it couldn't find libcurld.dll.

This is also assumed to be fixed since. The makefile _should_ use winsock1
since libcurl no longer requires winsock 2 anymore. AFAIK.