Re: CURLAUTH_ANY Hangs on CURLOPT_PUT

From: Casey O'Donnell <caseyodonnell_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:42:07 -0500

Sorry for the run-around. Seems to work fine in 7.12.0. One thing I did
notice...

Using VC6.0 and libcurl 7.12.0, the included DSP/DSW doesn't produce a .LIB
file. The project settings seem to make it appear that it does, but it
doesn't. Only a .DLL is produced. As an alternative, I attempted to use
the included VC6 Makefile, which is out of date...

I updated and the following changes seem to work:

!IFDEF USEMM_LIBS
WINLIBS = ws2_32.lib winmm.lib
!ELSE
WINLIBS = ws2_32.lib
CFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) /D "WITHOUT_MM_LIB"
!ENDIF

######################
# release-dll

!IF "$(CFG)" == "release-dll"
TARGET =$(LIB_NAME).dll
DIROBJ =.\$(CFG)
LNK = $(LNKDLL) $(WINLIBS) /out:$(TARGET) /IMPLIB:"$(LIB_NAME).lib"
CC = $(CCNODBG)
CFGSET = TRUE
RESOURCE = $(DIROBJ)\libcurl.res
!ENDIF

######################
# debug-dll

!IF "$(CFG)" == "debug-dll"
TARGET =$(LIB_NAME_DEBUG).dll
DIROBJ =.\$(CFG)
LNK = $(LNKDLL) $(WINLIBS) /DEBUG /out:$(TARGET)
/IMPLIB:"$(LIB_NAME_DEBUG).lib" /PDB:"$(LIB_NAME_DEBUG).pdb"
CC = $(CCDEBUG)
CFGSET = TRUE
RESOURCE = $(DIROBJ)\libcurl.res
!ENDIF

Have to add $(WINLIBS) to the LNK phase, otherwise the DLL has a bunch of
undefined symbols. The Makefile.vc6 was also still using Winsock 1 and not
Winsock 2. I also had to change the DLL name manually after the fact for
the debug version to libcurl.dll, as it couldn't find libcurld.dll.

Cheers.
Casey