RE: FTP third party transfer (proxy) support.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 09:04:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Alexander Krasnostavsky wrote:

> > I just committed it to CVS. Please try it out and verify that I
> > didn't break anything.
>
> Great! It works just fine. In Curl_debug() it is better to use:

Indeed. I just committed a version in that spirit!

> > We really should improve the FTP test server to support 3rd
> > party support so that we can add a bunch of test cases for this.
>
> I thought you are using standard FTP server of UNIX/NT vendors.

No, since we need to test the FTP parts of curl we need full control over the
FTP parts in order to make it send weirdnesses and fail etc when we want to
and make sure curl deals with it. That would be complicated to add to standard
ftp.

The test ftp server is an FTP server implemented entirely in perl (by me).

> Another issue: do you know that there is a problem when using "configure"
> with "--disable-http" option.

It is a bug mentioned in KNOWN_BUGS. All those --disable-* options are very
rarely used and I never test them, so they all tend to have a varying degree
of functionality.

If you think this is a problem, I'll accept patches that makes it work! :-)