AIX multithreaded issue - CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT

From: Joseph Anto Smith Stanley <antosmith_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 16:30:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
        This is in reference with the message posted
at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.curl.general/3040

        I am having exactly the same problem as
described in that post. When using libcurl with a
multi threaded program, fetching http files *always*
returns CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT.

        The OS version I am using is AIX 5.2 and
libcurl version is 7.12.0

        In fact, I even tried with the multithread.c
file present in the docs/examples folder of curl
distribution. Could I get some help here?

Thanks,
Joseph