new release (Re: libcurl2 7.12.0-1 breakage and its removal from unstable)

From: Domenico Andreoli <cavok_at_tiscali.it>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 01:57:31 +0200

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 12:28:06PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> If you want to see libcurl3 in sarge, please fix the following packages
> first to no longer depend directly on libcurl2:

current status is ok for me, the curl packages in testing are good and
could be released in any moment.

anyway yes, i'd like to push curl 7.12.0 and libcurl3 on sarge.

i just uploaded to experimental (and to http://people.debian.org/~cavok/curl/)
a new release of curl which provides new libcurl3* packages together
with old libcurl2[-dev] 7.11.2 packages.

vorlon, which risks do you see in this approach?

everything is available for some testing by others, to me they look
pretty good for unstable.

now everything is in the hands of ftpmasters.

i wish to thank Andreas Metzler and Goswin von Brederlow whose messages
helped me to figure out this solution.

cheers
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://people.debian.org/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50