Re: AIX multithreaded issue - CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 09:35:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Joseph Anto Smith Stanley wrote:

> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.curl.general/3040
>
> I am having exactly the same problem as described in that post. When using
> libcurl with a multi threaded program, fetching http files *always* returns
> CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT.

... and it works when you're not doing it multi-threaded?

> The OS version I am using is AIX 5.2 and libcurl version is 7.12.0

> In fact, I even tried with the multithread.c file present in the
> docs/examples folder of curl distribution. Could I get some help here?

The last time I touched an AIX box, it used AIX v3! ;-) (in nostalgic moments,
I show people the little pin I got while being an IBM employee, saying
"/aix/wizard" !)

I can only suggest that you first track down what exact function call(s) that
fails (using strace-style, debugger or printf-style debugging). Then you check
why it fails and if libcurl uses the proper threadsafe version etc.