Re: Multi interface -- some trouble

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:57:07 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Andy Serpa wrote:

> I've been trying out the multi interface and having some crashes.

[good description cut out]

> So it seems once you've the multi interface once, that's it for the life of
> your application...
>
> Any ideas?

Several!

I don't recognize your problem description, so I don't belive this problem has
been fixed since the 7.11.0 release but I would still encourage you to
download a recent daily snapshot and see if this still shows the problems
before we start the chase for real. (You'll have to build the DLL yourself
then, there's no binary daily snapshots.)

I would *really* enjoy some more details on the crash(es). When/where does the
crash happen? It might force you to build your own DLL to get the proper set
of debug symbols. If you could get a debugger to show the situation of the
crash (possibly port-mortem) it would be really good.

If you could rewrite your crashing example into a plain C source file that
makes the crash happen, it would not only remove the risk of this being caused
by your wrapper it would also enable us to debug this from our ends using our
own local operating systems (and debugging tools) of choice.