Re: Multi interface -- some trouble

From: Andy Serpa <ac_at_onehorseshy.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:55:59 -0500

I've isolated the problem.

Not that I know what is actually causing it code-wise, since I
haven't looked at the curl source (and wouldn't understand it if I
did), but I've isolated it.

The crash occurs when I set the CURL_OPT_CACHE_TIMEOUT to either -1
(cache forever) or 0 (cache disabled). It doesn't seem to matter if
CURLOPT_DNS_USE_GLOBAL_CACHE is set or not.

I can reliably reproduce the crash with all the versions of the win32
 .dlls on the site, although the MingGW version crashes more often
(possibly it is slower than the MS versions?). Timing seems to play
a part here -- although the crashes always occur if I set the
CACHE_TIMEOUT option as described above, it may take a longer or
shorter time to do so (setting it is 0 makes it crash faster, it
seems). I haven't seen any crashes when not setting the option at
all, or to any positive value, even 1.

If I leave that option alone, all seems to work beautifully, I can I
can even remove and add easy handles "endlessly" on a single multi
handle and it works fine...

-- Andy