Re: libcurl tests for the test suite

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:51:47 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Sanjeev wrote:

> It worked well! All tests passed. including
> 500/501/502

Neato. They work on my Solaris and Linux hosts too.

> Inspite of starting my webserver with 'apachectl startssl', the tests
> showed HTTPS OFF

Right, the curl tests don't use your Apache. It runs a separate web server.

> * Memory debugging: OFF
> * Netrc debugging: OFF

These two can be changed to ON if you run configure with --enable-debug. I
usually do that when I develop as it makes it easier to debug curl.

> * HTTPS server: OFF <<--------
> * FTPS server: OFF

These two require that the runtests.pl script detects "stunnel" in your
system. It merely checks a few traditional paths for it and unless it finds
it, it runs the test suite with those servers disabled.

Installing stunnel and then re-running the tests should make switch to ON.

> On sir!? So that i could check even the 300 and 400 series to give you
> comnplete update!

For tests >= 500, each individual test case will specify which servers that
need to run for that particular test. And test case 503 was mistakenly
requiring https until 3 seconds ago... ;-)