Re: CURLINFO_CONTENT_LENGTH_DOWNLOAD ?

From: Bob Schader <rschader_at_product-des.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 06:38:27 -0500

1. Try CURLINFO_CONTENT_LENGTH_UPLOAD, it is supposed to report the
size of the file on the remote side. I told Daniel I thought
the names of these 2 variables were misleading.

2. CURLINFO_CONTENT_LENGTH_DOWNLOAD should report the size of
a local file, while CURLINFO_SIZE_DOWNLOAD reports how much
has been transferred in the current session in the download
direction. UPLOAD ones are reverse of DOWNLOAD ones, respectively.

CURLINFO_CONTENT_LENGTH_UPLOAD will get the size of the remote
file without downloading it. I believe it uses the HEAD reuest
to do it, getting the Content-Length of the remote file.

Bob Schader