curl-and-python

RE: using NTLM as *current user*

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:10:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010, Kevin Manley wrote:

> I have installed PyCurl (pycurl-ssl-7.18.2.win32-py2.5.exe), not libcurl.

pycurl uses libcurl and libcurl is what does the NTLM and SSPI stuff.

> PyCurl doesn't work with the ":" syntax. I assume this is because PyCurl is
> using a version of libcurl that's missing SSPI support

pycurl is a layer on top of libcurl, so pycurl is of course bound to use
whatever the libcurl underneath it supports. If that libcurl is built without
SSPI, then so it is. That's not a limitation of pycurl though but in the
particular build of libcurl that you're using.

> (this seems to be
> documented in bug 244435 https://bugs.launchpad.net/pycurl/+bug/244435).

Is there any pycurl devs who care for that bug tracker? I thought pycurl so
far was done using the sourceforge tools.

> Is there any solution for me to be able to use the ":" syntax to make NTLM
> calls as current user? It is not easy for me to build form source.

Easy or not, that's your solution.

Besides, libcurl 7.18.2 has at least three known security vulnerabilities and
there have been 366(!) bug fixes since that version so I'd say there exist
more reasons to upgrade...