curl-and-python

Re: Step up to fix pycurl?

From: Daniel Price <dbp_at_alumni.brown.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:47:48 -0800

> I'm very interested in getting a few new committers on board so that we
can

Daniel,

I think it's great that you've stepped up here. I know you are calling for
committers, but I wasn't sure how you see the job of committers? Are you
looking for them to review and accept patches, or is that a role you want to
perform? I guess I might not be clear on how you see things working, sorry
if I sound dumb.

> A) get some bug fixes committed and

I would like to lobby for the patch that was submitted back in April to be
included. Johansen_at_Sun made this patch:
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/curlpython-2009-04/0003.html

I'm not a pycurl expert, but I do have ten years of professional C
experience, and I have carefully reviewed the patch and it looks good to
me. Any chance we could see this get integrated? Without this patch,
reset() is hopelessly broken. If that means I need to volunteer to be a
committer... (I just wish the repository was in something modern like hg).

         -Dan

--
dbp_at_alumni.brown.edu