curl-and-python

Re: Step up to fix pycurl?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:11:47 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Kjetil Jacobsen wrote:

> for various reasons, i've not had time to maintain pycurl development the
> last year.
>
> i'd be more than happy to give other developers access right to keep the
> project going.

Thanks a lot for your contributions so far and for having pulled the project
this far with this success!

Everyone! I too am now appointed 'admin' of the pycurl sourceforge project.

I'm very interested in getting a few new committers on board so that we can

  A) get some bug fixes committed and
  B) get some of the more recent libcurl features supported in pycurl too and
  C) get pycurl releases going again

Please, don't take this wrong, I'm only trying to extract interested
volounteers here. I can't take on this task myself, I'm already drowning in
other tasks related to by curl involvements.

This is a standing offer. You don't have to step up this very moment, but you
MUST realize that if nobody volunteers we won't get any improvements to the
current pycurl situation.

It is about time we add more people here to distribute the work load on.