curl-and-php

Re: Post and follow post redirect on remote server

From: David Colter <dolan2go_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:08:05 -0400

Hi.

> We have the same form on both sites. Clearly on site-B the mechanism is: post the information than redirect to "success.html" page.
>
> Again, the form is filled on site-A and posted on site-B where it is also redirected (following the site-B logic / redirect) on site-B.

The fact that 2 sites are being used causes me to ask the question about cookies. How are they handled by the 2 servers?

To begin, you will need to see the headers sent by browser, (ie firefox using Live HTTP Headers extension) and then duplicate that process with curl. It is not simple to do what you are asking 'blindly'.

Do you have any code for this? What level of understanding of curl do you possess?

There are many well written tutorials about the task you wish to perform using one server. Adapting them for 2 would then be a simple step.

David