curl-and-php

Re: Server to Server FTP, Cron, Podcasting...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:30:09 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Michael Hulse wrote:

> (1) What is the syntax via cURL to transfer a file from one server to
> another?

You mean using the curl command line tool? And "from one server to another" is
not very detailed to me. Using what protocol(s) ?

AFAIK, there is only one way to do "from one server to another" that doesn't
involve a middle machine that first downloads and then uploads, and that is
FTP 3rd transfers.

> I tried doing this locally using (There are 3 .mp3 files I need to
> grab, I was hoping I could grab them all using {}, but that did not work, I
> was only able to download the first one and then I got a ton of gibberish in
> terminal):
>
> curl -O http://someServer/folder/folder/fileName-{22,23,00}.mp3
> /Users/mhulse/Desktop/

Well, using:

   curl -O http://someServer/folder/folder/fileName-{22,23,00}.mp3

Should download three files and store them on your machine. If not, it is a
curl bug.

> (2) What do you think would be best for generating the RSS/Podcast syntax?
> Should I bother using PHP to write a simple file, or can I tell cURL to
> output a bit of RSS along with the transferring of the files?

curl does file transfers, I can't see how you can trick it into generating
anything RSSish.