curl-and-php

Re: cURL and secure server

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:32:21 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Walter Lewis wrote:

> I have a similar project which requires the COOKIEJAR/COOKIEFILE combination
> and it works really well, right up to the point where I need to pass all the
> cookies in the COOKIEJAR on to the client's browser so that they can carry
> on.
>
> Is there a simple mechanism like "Dump CookieJar on Client" to do this, or
> is this a load the COOKIEJAR and stuff the cookies into a header that goes
> off to the browser?

Ok, you have a "cookiejar" on the server as a result of some kind of curl
interaction and then you want all those cookies sent to the client to be
used/set properly there?

I'm afraid this won't be easy.

curl can't help you with this, curl uses cookies for its own communication it
does not feature any "send cookies here" feature. Your script could of course
simply read the cookiejar file and pass the cookies back in a response.

But here comes the big "but": your browser won't accept cookies for other
sites than the one that sends them. That's a security thing.