curl-and-php

Re: cURL and secure server

From: Walter Lewis <lewisw_at_hhpl.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:28:25 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>Since you would first need to figure out what cookie to send, I suppose you
>need to do some kind of login or something.
>
>Then I would use CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR when doing the login to get the cookies
>from the site and store them in a file.
>
>Then I'd use CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE in the subsequent request to use the
>previously retrieved cookie(s).

A quick followup from a different angle, something I couldn't get clear
in my head from the archives or the docs (but direction to the relevant
sections is welcomed).

I have a similar project which requires the COOKIEJAR/COOKIEFILE
combination and it works really well, right up to the point where I need
to pass all the cookies in the COOKIEJAR on to the client's browser so
that they can carry on.

Is there a simple mechanism like "Dump CookieJar on Client" to do this,
or is this a load the COOKIEJAR and stuff the cookies into a header that
goes off to the browser?

Walter Lewis
Halton Hills