curl-and-php

RE: session and NO cookies

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:08:17 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, beshoo wrote:

> The target site did not use the cookies

It didn't use what cookies? How do you know it doesn't use cookies?

> and there is no cookies file saved on the cookies folder.

Only cookies that are marked to have a life-time is saved there by browsers.
It could use a bazillion "session cookies" without you ever seeing them saved
on disk.

Check the headers you get from the site.

> What I sent to the target site is :
>
> Username val.
> Password val.
>
> And some val. to post

And you are sure you send the correct data, properly encoded and all fields
exactly as a browser would?

> What can I do with CURL to do that by code ?

Fill in the right data and use the right options.

I believe the site *is* using cookies and that you'll succeed the moment you
tell curl to deal with them.

--
 Daniel - been obfuscating curl source code since 1998.
 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]