curl-and-php

Re: Getting and passing a cookie...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 00:56:56 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Paperstuff.com wrote:

> The only thing that doesn't make sense is that I have cookies.txt right in
> the same folder as the PHP file I am running - there is no content to that
> text file. The date properties aren't changing either, which means it
> isn't and never has been written to.

That is a key issue of course. If it never writes any cookies there,
subsequent calls won't be able to read any... Could it be a file permission
issue or something? I know this works fine in "plain" libcurl.

> The error isn't saying that I am missing a cookie - it says that 'my
> browser has cookies disabled'.

Right, but that text is what the server says and how would it know exactly
what the problem is? It will just try to get some cookies you should've sent
it, and when that fails it probably assumes that you have a browser with
cookies disabled.

> I think it is trying to store the cookie into that text file, but for some
> reason it is behind declined. Could there be a security issue on the
> server that stops this?

Well yes, since the server probably doesn't run as your userid.