curl-and-php

Re: new authorize.net requirements

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:28:17 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, John Clendinen wrote:

> Daniel, I saw some discussion of 7.9.4 that suggested I could comment out
> some lines in the source code and maybe fix this problem in a more creative
> way.

Sure, you can patch your curl code to fix the problems, but if you can
recompile curl, why can't you just get new code and build that?

The 7.9.4 problems are not possible to work around without modifying curl
source code. Sorry.

> Why would I want to? Rebuilding cURL (and therefore PHP, and therefore
> Apache) is not a tidy undertaking with a Sun Cobalt "server appliance."
> Everything's pre-packaged, for better or worse -- in this case, for the
> worse.

I believe that the "lethal" bug in your version of curl was fixed in January
with this patch:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/curl/curl/lib/sendf.c.diff?r1=1.43&r2=1.44