curl-and-php

Re: Installation error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:34:50 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Rolando wrote:

> Im trying to install curl on linux
> but getting this error:
>
> configure: error: conditional "CONTENT_ENCODING" was never defined.
> Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.
> make: *** [all] Error 1
>
> Does anybody knows how to fix that

Perhaps, if you give us a busload of more information!

What curl version? What did you enter when this error code showed up? what
does the last parts of the config.log show you (the relevant parts for the
test that seems to have failed here).

Did you autoconf this yourself or is this the configure from a tarball?

Since you post this on the curl and php list I presume this is PHP related as
well?