RE: cURL and IMAP - accessing a shared mailbox in an IMAP Exchange Server

From: Norton, Mike via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 17:51:33 +0000

> --user "allan_at_company.com\sharedmailbox:mypass"

My version of Curl's manpage says this about --user:

"To specify the domain name use either Down-Level Logon Name or UPN (User Principal Name) formats. For example, EXAMPLE\user and user_at_example.com respectively."

So I wonder if Curl is noticing the backslash and interpreting your input as domain="allan_at_company.com" and username="sharedmailbox". Or maybe Curl is NOT interpreting it that way but that's how Exchange is expecting it.

Maybe Curl is interpreting your input as username="allan" and domain="company.com\sharedmailbox".

Have you tried any variations of the down-level logon name format? E.g. "COMPANY\allan\sharedmailbox"? Or maybe the reverse? E.g. "sharedmailbox_at_allan@company.com"? Just some guesses to maybe trick whatever wrong interpretation is happening into behaving.

-mn