Re: -w %{JSON}

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 00:00:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 24 May 2020, Коваленко Анатолий Викторович via curl-users wrote:

> About #5435.

> The last version on https://curl.haxx.se/windows/ is 7.70.0 from 2020-04-29.
> At this version error NOT corrected. My script have to check this situation
> and I wait the NEW version. Is it wrong too? Sorry, I simply do not
> understand.

7.70.0 is the most recent curl release. #5435 was fixed *after* that release
and therefore that will available in the next pending release: 7.71.0 -
scheduled to be relased on June 24th, 2020.

> That is why I ask that the ALL curl output always be in the SAME format.
> Not just «-w» variables, but ALL output. It is possible to make so?

No, that's not something curl supports. Or rather, the only JSON output you
can get is by using the json variable for -w. There's no other JSON support in
curl.

> At last. Separate the content and format. Make JSON/NotJSON applicable to
> ALL output, and give the unconditional (obligatory?) opportunity to choice
> «-w» variables: all or some from list. JSON – format only, not content.
> The choice of all or some variables – independently from they format.

We accept pull-requests!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!