Re: -w %{JSON}

From: Коваленко Анатолий Викторович via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 20:10:40 +0300

Sorry, I am a new user of development conversation (less than 1 year). Perhaps, I makes mistake.
Once I was written that it was necessary to answer all, not individually. That is what I do. You
may answer me to my personal address, if you wish.

About #5435.
The last version on https://curl.haxx.se/windows/ is 7.70.0 from 2020-04-29. At this version error
NOT corrected. My script have to check this situation and I wait the NEW version. Is it wrong too?
Sorry, I simply do not understand.

2020-05-21 Daniel Stenberg wrote for me, that curl output have not JSON format in common case. That
is citation from him letter.
My question: is there any other output beyond «Saved to filename» and «--write-out»?
Stenberg's answer: You mean *ever* ? Yes. But in for your use case? I don't think so...

That is why I ask that the ALL curl output always be in the SAME format. Not just «-w» variables,
but ALL output. It is possible to make so?

At last. Separate the content and format. Make JSON/NotJSON applicable to ALL output, and give the
unconditional (obligatory?) opportunity to choice «-w» variables: all or some from list.
JSON – format only, not content. The choice of all or some variables – independently from they
format.

Thank you for your attention and sorry my English.