Re: Add Forum Identifier

From: Jeremy Nicoll <jn.ml.crlu.36_at_letterboxes.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 13:58:06 -0500

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019, at 18:08, Art KnsZ wrote:
> At 01-09-2019 13:47, Jan Stary wrote:
> >On Jan 09 13:15:23, ArtKnsZ_at_zoho.com wrote:
> > > I do use the header to filter into mailboxes but that only applies after a
> > > post is downloaded to a mail client. The problem is not filtering for
> > > a mailbox but identifying legitimate mail via sender and/or subject
> > > without having to open and read the message itself.
> >How is filtering by "From:" or "Subject:" any different
> >than filtering by "List-Id:"?
>
> Quite different. I suppose technically both are "filtering" but
> scanning, redirecting, "filtering, etc by Subject is a visual
> (manual) screening process prior to download ...

Perhaps you'd be better using a mail provider who support
filtering on their server?

Then isolation (by whatever criteria) of the mails you trust could
be done without even requiring use of an eyeball. They could be
moved to a separate folder and downloaded from there (or, if a
provider only supports download from a specific folder, those not
meeting filter criteria could be moved elsewhere).

If you still needed to use your manual scanning, at least that would
only need to be done on mails that the on-server filters hadn't
decided were ok?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.