Re: Feedback wanted: bold headers?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 23:47:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018, Jeremy Nicoll wrote:

> Assuming that the bold feature is acheived with control codes enclosing the
> bold parts of the text, I think it would need to be possible to turn it off,
> for users who pipe terminal output elsewhere for subsequent processing.

Yes. But it already now disables itself if the output is not a terminal, just
so piping the output into something else shouldn't need any special flags.

I'm thinking about leaving the default to auto-sense and adding a
--no-styled-output flag that disables it unconditionally. My still considering
if --styled-output should enable bold headers unconditionally or just enable
the auto-sense mode...

> Are there any OSes whose terminals don't honour these control codes?

The Windows command prompt doesn't apparently. But as was mentioned in the PR,
I'm curious if we should determine that in run-time rather than just disabling
styled output completely from the Windows executable...