RE: Feedback wanted: bold headers?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 12:45:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018, sporkschivago_at_gmail.com wrote:

> I think this is a phenomenal idea, but I'd personally like to see the
> ability to configure certain colours for various flags.

I was looking for inspiration in how 'ls' does this on Linux as it can make
specific files or extensions use specific colors and styles:

  https://twistedcode.blogspot.se/2008/04/lscolors-explained.html

> For example, instead of just bold, if I could set RED for the header tags
> for spam or stuff like that, that'd be amazing! Or blue for people in my
> contacts list (obviously, I'd write the program to check the contacts list,
> etc.)

A possible syntax in similar vein could be to use a CURL_COLORS environment
variable (and command line option) and allow it to set a colon-separated list
of headers and what style/colors to use:

   server=1;35:content-length=4;32:*=1

Makes "server" headers bold purple, "content-length" headers underlined green
and the rest plain bold.

But I'm not entirely convinced people actually want or would use such a
flexible approach...