Re: Feedback wanted: bold headers?

From: Jeremy Nicoll <jn.ml.crlu.36_at_letterboxes.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 13:34:42 +0100

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018, at 23:26, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've put together a little proof of concept PR that shows how curl can output
> HTTP headers using bold font style for the name parts when the output is sent
> to the terminal. Personally I think it helps making the headers easier to
> read.

I agree...

> I presume we need an option to all users to explicitly turn it on/off, but I
> haven't made any such yet.

Assuming that the bold feature is acheived with control codes enclosing the
bold parts of the text, I think it would need to be possible to turn it off, for
users who pipe terminal output elsewhere for subsequent processing.

Are there any OSes whose terminals don't honour these control codes?

Presumably those who explicitly direct such output to named files wouldn't
see the control codes?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.