RE: problems with TLSv1 curl on Windows

From: Hilgersom, Danny <danny.hilgersom_at_centric-fss.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 11:19:40 +0000

On 01-19-15 Danny Hilgersom wrote; (apologies for previous misspell of last name)

curl.exe -v --tlsv1.0 --cert <certfile>.crt:<pass> --key <private_keyfile>.key --cacert ca-bundle.pem --user <users>:<pass> ftp://<ftp_server_url>/
Give us back this:
< 220 Server ready for new user.
> USER <user>
< 503 Bad sequence of commands.
* Access denied: 503
* Closing connection 0
curl: (67) Access denied: 503
So, it really looks like if the tls option is just not working at all.

It looks like you might need to use the tlsauthtype feature http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html#--tlsauthtype

So something like;
curl.exe -v --tlsv1.0 --cert <certfile>.crt:<pass> --key <private_keyfile>.key --cacert ca-bundle.pem --tlsuser <users> --tlspassword<pass> ftp://<ftp_server_url>/

>>>note; If --tlsuser<http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html#--tlsuser> and --tlspassword<http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html#--tlspassword> are specified but --tlsauthtype<http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html#--tlsauthtype> is not, then this option defaults to "SRP".<<<

Rob

If I use -tlsuser and -tlspassword I get the following error:

curl: option --tlsuser: the installed libcurl version doesn't support this
curl: try 'curl --help' or 'curl --manual' for more information

Danny
The information included in this message is personal and/or confidential and intended exclusively for the addressees as stated. This message and/or the accompanying documents may contain confidential information and should be handled accordingly. If you are not the intended reader of this message, we urgently request that you notify Centric immediately and that you delete this e-mail and any copies of it from your system and destroy any printouts immediately. It is forbidden to distribute, reproduce, use or disclose the information in this e-mail to third parties without obtaining prior permission from Centric. We expressly point out that there are risks associated with the use of e-mail. Centric and the companies within the group shall not accept any liability whatsoever for damage resulting from the use of e-mail. Legally binding obligations can only arise for Centric by means of a written instrument, signed by an authorized representative of Centric.