problems with TLSv1 curl on Windows

From: Hilgersom, Danny <danny.hilgersom_at_centric-fss.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:29:28 +0000

Hi,

We have a connection setup to a vendor that will be using only TLSv1 from now on. Before we would connect to them using the SSLv3 option. Now, when I want to connect to them I get an error:
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: ca-bundle.pem
  CApath: none
* TLSv1.0, TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* TLSv1.0, TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
* TLSv1.0, TLS alert, Server hello (2):
* error:140920E3:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_HELLO:parse tlsext
* Closing connection 0
curl: (35) error:140920E3:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_HELLO:parse tlsext

We are using curl 7.40 and running W2K8 R2.

We've tried multiple ways to connect with multiple options, but all this to no avail.

These are the commands that we tried:
curl.exe" -v --ssl-reqd --cert <certfile>.crt:<pass> --key <private_keyfile>.key --cacert ca-bundle.pem --user <users>:<pass> ftp://<ftp_server_url>/
curl.exe" -v -TLSv1 --ssl-reqd --cert <certfile>.crt:<pass> --key <private_keyfile>.key --cacert ca-bundle.pem --user <users>:<pass> ftp://<ftp_server_url>/

The old command we used and which worked just fine is:
curl.exe" -v -SSLv3 --ssl-reqd --cert <certfile>.crt:<pass> --key <private_keyfile>.key --cacert ca-bundle.pem --user <users>:<pass> ftp://<ftp_server_url>/

Any help would be more then welcome!

Thanks

hilgie
The information included in this message is personal and/or confidential and intended exclusively for the addressees as stated. This message and/or the accompanying documents may contain confidential information and should be handled accordingly. If you are not the intended reader of this message, we urgently request that you notify Centric immediately and that you delete this e-mail and any copies of it from your system and destroy any printouts immediately. It is forbidden to distribute, reproduce, use or disclose the information in this e-mail to third parties without obtaining prior permission from Centric. We expressly point out that there are risks associated with the use of e-mail. Centric and the companies within the group shall not accept any liability whatsoever for damage resulting from the use of e-mail. Legally binding obligations can only arise for Centric by means of a written instrument, signed by an authorized representative of Centric.