Re: How to configure curl with libssh2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 12:02:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Aug 2014, Jenkins, Peter (SLSA) wrote:

>> You also need to make sure you have libssh2 include headers. Most
>> distributions have a separate "dev" or "devel" package for that.
>
> What does this mean?
>
> I used what I thought was the obvious distribution at
> <http://www.libssh2.org/download/libssh2-1.4.3.tar.gz>.
> I see nothing named "dev" or “devel” in there.

> I see nothing about including headers or dev/devel packages in either the
> INSTALL file or the 'configure --help’ text.

Ah so you got the source tarball, built it and installed it with make install?
Then you'll have the headers in there too, in /usr/local/include (by default).

You then may need to tell curl's configure that libssh2 is installed in the
/usr/local prefix. Like with "./configure --with-libssh2=/usr/local"