Re: Which version of certdata.txt is preferred for mk-ca-bundle, and why?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 23:17:00 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014, Leif W wrote:

>> Can you take a look at updating the docs/mk-ca-bundle.1 file too with
>> details about this new option?
>
> Started when asked, but got sick for a while and had to recover.

Ah, I hope you also noticed by now that I added a blurb about -d to the man
page, visible here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/mk-ca-bundle.html

Good to see you back as I then take it you're at least recovering again!

> I am fixing man page, to add info about the new -d option. Noticed other
> minor spelling, spacing and formatting issues. Must I submit individual
> patches, or is it simple enough for one patch?

If they're just small and non-debatable changes I don't mind having them
bundled in a single patch. But the general rule is of course to have separate
logic changes in separate patches...

> Wondering if it would be easier to maintain the manual page from a Perl Pod?
> Plain Old Documentation, can all go at the end, or also inline. Tools
> podchecker and pod2man included with Perl.

I'm not sure. We have this "raw" man page format for a lot of (lib)curl stuff
and it also makes the HTML output somewhat unified etc for the web site and
more. It may of course also just reflect my non-perlish mindset...