Re: Integrating with QNX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 23:11:30 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, Sidde Gowda wrote:

> I am planning port curl to QNX platform. Is it possible to throw some steps
> to start with?

Cool! I'll welcome a QNX port!

You really mean curl the tool or just libcurl the library?

I assume you can't run configure for your target? If not, you're probably
better off running configure first on a *nix system somewhere and then you
rename the generated src/curl_config.h and lib/curl_config.h files to
src/config-qnx.h and lib/config-qnx.h and update them according to how your OS
actually works and what your environment provides.

If there are any functions that libcurl requires that QNX doesn't provide,
then writing your own replacements and include them in a portability layer is
probably a good idea. libcurl will assume POSIX similarities for most of the
APIs it uses.

Then you edit lib/setup.h to include "config-qnx.h" properly if you build for
QNX. You should be able to use the existing vxworks rules as a template.

To finalize, you add a master rule in Makefile.dist that run make in both lib
and src properly.

If you run into any problems with this I recommend you ask specific questions
on the curl-library list.