RE: Sending a file using FTPES

From: SMITH Mick <mick.smith_at_sgcib.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:21:16 +0200

Wow. Can I perhaps ask you to pay attention to details? All "long" options are

written with _two_ dashes. It is --user, --url and --proxy. Also, curl works

with URLs so you better specify the protocol part as well.

Do you really want to do FTPS upload over a HTTP proxy?

/ daniel.haxx.se

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response. The single dashes were actually just mistyped in my email so no problems with that specifically. You can see from the log below that a connection is made to the host but I get the error "(52) Empty reply from server". Do you have any idea what this could mean?

To explain a bit further, I want to use FTPES because that's the only transfer that the destination will accept. I believe I need to use the proxy to make any connection through my company's firewall. I gather this doesn't sound right to you? Could you elaborate please. Unfortunately FTP transfers are usually handled by a separate team in my company but they do not support FTPES yet which is why I'm attempting this on my own, but not finding it easy :O(

Any ideas would be really greatly appreciated.

Mick.

> curl -T test.txt --user MMOFTP:Pass123 --url staging.missionmode.com:4121 --proxy proxy-ese.fr.world.delta:1080

[cid:image001.png_at_01CC4532.EF097EC0]

FAQ: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or
falsified.
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et susceptibles de contenir des informations couvertes
par le secret professionnel.
Ce message est etabli a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.