Re: Libcurl Download and Resume Support

From: Nishith Jain <write2nishi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:24:55 +0530

Thanks very much for your reply...

Actually, I have written a code to download some application updates.
This updates will happen in the background.
When this update is happening, if the user starts video streaming or
video conferencing, the update should pause and should resume once the
video streaming is over.

Please do let me know how to pause and resume download using libcurl.

Thanks,
Nishith

On 29 April 2010 19:04, bruce <badouglas_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> hi nishith,
>
> if i understand your email, you're basically looking to have an app do
> download/resume/streaming of video files.
>
> if this is correct, you're looking to re-create a basic media player.
>
> do a quick search on google/bing/etc.. and you should find some open
> source apps that you can examine/use as a starting point.
>
> if this doesn't answer your question, feel free to get back to the list...
>

> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Nishith Jain <write2nishi_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to curl and I have been asked to develop a download manager with
>> download and resume support. (Pause and Resume) support.
>> If the download is happening and video streaming starts, the download
>> should pause.
>>
>> Language: C/C++
>> OS: ubuntu
>>
>> Can anyone please help me in this regards...
>>
>> Thanks in Advance...
>> Nishith

Regards,
Nishith