Re: cURLcommand line tool

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 08:55:17 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, Faizel Isaacs wrote:

> I have downloaded the latest version of CURL and libssh2 and I'm still
> battling to get libssh / curl to upload or download any files to a WInsshd
> version 5 server. The only weird thing I can see is that the format of the
> directory listing / file system looks like cygwin to me for this windows
> 2003 server.

The output from a SFTP listing is entirely controlled and designed by curl
itself (which is quite different to how FTP works etc) so it is the same
output format for all SFTP servers.

> I have installed the latest versions of curl / libssh and have also logged
> an issue with bitwise for this SFTP server implementation but it looks like
> no one can help me out. Is there anything I'm missing ???

I don't think there's a lot to miss. I suspect you might be experiencing a
bug, and if I would guess I would say it is within libssh2. I guess there
because that is the most immature of the products involved and because the
particular error message indicates an SSH/SFTP level problem.

In the past we've seen people have problems with sftp at times when their ssh
server outputs something weird before the sftp module starts, so that's also a
reasonable possibility for all I can tell.

I would recommend you to roll up your sleeves, get one of the libssh2 sftp
example programs built and try that against your server. If that doesn't work,
the next step would be to take the issue to the libssh2 list (and yes I'm on
the libssh2 team as well so I'd be there too).

Of course it will help A LOT if you can offer a way for us to reproduce the
problem.