Re: timeout waiting for server status after 100-continue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 10:47:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, Kittel, John wrote:

> I'm using curl 7.15.2 command line to POST (upload) a file to an HTTPS
> server/site.

That's a very old version!

> The post works for relatively small files. As the size of my file increases,
> the server munge time increases, until when my file reaches about 1.5MB the
> delay exceeds 60 seconds, and my curl command times out and returns the
> error "Empty reply from server".
>
> I don't see a way with the curl command to increase the time it will wait
> for the 200 OK.

I don't think this is a problem with curl, I think this is your server that
closes the connection. curl has no such timeout waiting for the response code.
If you don't specify a timeout, curl will wait more or less forever on that
response.

Of course, wiresharking the network tells if this is triggered by a
server-side close or not.