timeout waiting for server status after 100-continue

From: Kittel, John <John.Kittel_at_kaisertwd.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:43:36 -0700

Hello,

I'm using curl 7.15.2 command line to POST (upload) a file to an HTTPS
server/site. Using the trace option, I see that when all the data has
been sent to the server, the server replies immediately with HTTP/1.1
100 Continue, then there is a delay while the server munges the file for
a while, then it sends HTTP/1.1 200 OK.

The post works for relatively small files. As the size of my file
increases, the server munge time increases, until when my file reaches
about 1.5MB the delay exceeds 60 seconds, and my curl command times out
and returns the error "Empty reply from server".

I don't see a way with the curl command to increase the time it will
wait for the 200 OK.

What are my options for dealing with this situation?

Thanks for any help.

 - John

Notice - Privileged, Confidential and/or Proprietary Material

This message and any attachment(s) to it are intended for the personal use of the person to whom it is addressed, only. The message and its attachment(s) may contain privileged, confidential, proprietary and otherwise sensitive information. If you have received this message in error and are not an intended addressee, you are advised that any further dissemination, copying, publication or distribution is prohibited. If you believe you have received this message in error please contact the sender and delete this message permanently from your system(s). No waiver of confidentiality or privilege is intended by inadvertent submission to an unintended recipient.

This message and any attachment(s) have been scanned for viruses.
(KA-OM-1)