Re: Using curl

From: John Meissen <john_at_meissen.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 00:35:33 -0700

mwycliffe_at_gmail.com said:
> Do you mean gcc for the cygwin?

Yes. Kind of hard to build from source for cygwin without a compiler.

> I have checked in my cygwin installation, but I don't see any thing about curl
> in the /bin or even /usr/bin or /usr/sbin.

> When installing cygwin, is there an option to install curl?

It's not part of the minimal basic set of installed files. Neither is gcc.
You need to select it in the installer.

Rerun the cygwin installer, step through to the Select Packages section.
Expand the "web" item. Curl is there along with other useful tools like
cadaver, wget, etc. Click on where it says "Skip" under the "new"
column to toggle the selection. There may be more than one version
that it will cycle through. When you've selected what you want, click
"next" to proceed. The installer will leave your existing installed
packages alone unless you change their selection status (it will update
to newer versions, though, if available).