Re: Using curl

From: mutumba wycliff <mwycliffe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:49:45 +0300

Thank you so much John,

Yes my cygwin installation actually had only the default packages.
Let me do exactly as you have advised and include gcc, curl libs and see how
it goes. Will keep you posted.

So does this mean that curl will be installed & configured so I will just
need to issue the curl command at the prompt?
Or there are addition configurations to do after.

thanks.

On 8/6/09, John Meissen <john_at_meissen.org> wrote:

> mwycliffe_at_gmail.com said:
> > Do you mean gcc for the cygwin?
>
> Yes. Kind of hard to build from source for cygwin without a compiler.
>
> > I have checked in my cygwin installation, but I don't see any thing about
> curl
> > in the /bin or even /usr/bin or /usr/sbin.
>
> > When installing cygwin, is there an option to install curl?
>
> It's not part of the minimal basic set of installed files. Neither is gcc.
> You need to select it in the installer.
>
> Rerun the cygwin installer, step through to the Select Packages section.
> Expand the "web" item. Curl is there along with other useful tools like
> cadaver, wget, etc. Click on where it says "Skip" under the "new"
> column to toggle the selection. There may be more than one version
> that it will cycle through. When you've selected what you want, click
> "next" to proceed. The installer will leave your existing installed
> packages alone unless you change their selection status (it will update
> to newer versions, though, if available).

MUTUMBA WYCLIFFE
CONSULTANT
Neptune Software plc
Murtala Courts
Plot 33 Lumumba Avenue
Kampala, Uganda
Tel +256  (414) 237781
Fax+256 (414) 237782
Email: wycliffemutumba_at_neptunesoftwareplc.com
Website: http://www.neptunesoftwareplc.com