Re: Using curl

From: mutumba wycliff <mwycliffe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:19:08 +0300

Hello John,

> Did you install gcc?
  Do you mean gcc for the cygwin?

I have checked in my cygwin installation, but I don't see any thing about
curl in the /bin or even /usr/bin or /usr/sbin.

When installing cygwin, is there an option to install curl?

thanks&regards,

On 8/6/09, John Meissen <john_at_meissen.org> wrote:

> mwycliffe_at_gmail.com said:
> > I am new to curl and I need some help on how to install and configure
> curl
> > with cygwin.
>
> > I downloaded curl-7.19.5, and on trying to configure it from cygwin, I
> get
> > some error;
> > configure: error: ar not found in PATH. Cannot continue without ar.
>
> Did you install gcc?
>
> Why not just install the pre-built cygwin version of curl using the
> cygwin installer?
>
> john-

MUTUMBA WYCLIFFE
CONSULTANT
Neptune Software plc
Murtala Courts
Plot 33 Lumumba Avenue
Kampala, Uganda
Tel +256  (414) 237781
Fax+256 (414) 237782
Email: wycliffemutumba_at_neptunesoftwareplc.com
Website: http://www.neptunesoftwareplc.com