curl 7.19.0 coredumps

From: Heiden, John <JHeiden_at_utnet.utoledo.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:26:36 -0400

Hi Curl Users,

curl --version
curl 7.19.0 (powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0) libcurl/7.19.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8i
zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.9 libssh2/0.18
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict http file https ftps scp sftp
Features: IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

No matter what I have tried doing with SFTP file transfers,
it coredumps:

curl -v -u username:password -O
sftp://system.utoledo.edu/moveaimsfiles.bat

* About to connect() to system.utoledo.edu port 22 (#0)
* Trying 131.183.x.yy... connected
* Connected to system.utoledo.edu (131.183.x.yy) port 22 (#0)
Memory fault(coredump)

I have compiled it several times, several ways. No difference
in the results. And if I use FTP instead of SFTP, it works
fine. I never get any error messages that I can see during
compilation, and the make check seems to check out. (No
obvious error messages.) About the only issue I have ever
seen was it was unable to start the SSH server during checking.
(Could that be due to the OpenSSH SSHD running already?)
And if I use SCP instead of SFTP/FTP, it also fails. (Sounds
like something related to crypto to me, but I have not the
slightest idea what.)

libssh2 seemed to compile and install cleanly too.

Anyway, any help/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

John Heiden
Computer Sys Admin
The University of Toledo