Re: curl 7.19.0 coredumps

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:31:28 -0700

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 09:26:36PM -0400, Heiden, John wrote:
> curl --version
> curl 7.19.0 (powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0) libcurl/7.19.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8i
> zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.9 libssh2/0.18
> Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict http file https ftps scp sftp
> Features: IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz
>

> No matter what I have tried doing with SFTP file transfers,
> it coredumps:

Have you tried running any of the sample programs that come with the libssh2
package? If those core dump as well, then it's not curl's fault and this
problem should be taken to the libssh2 mailing list.

> About the only issue I have ever
> seen was it was unable to start the SSH server during checking.
> (Could that be due to the OpenSSH SSHD running already?)
> And if I use SCP instead of SFTP/FTP, it also fails. (Sounds
> like something related to crypto to me, but I have not the
> slightest idea what.)

The curl test suite can handle sshd running already just fine. Try running
the test suite with the -v and -d options and see if there is any more detail
as to why it can't be started.

>>> Dan