Re: Listing Files on MVS Host

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:29:26 -0700

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 02:05:37PM -0700, Jeff Seeman wrote:
> Thanks, Dan.
>
> I changed the string to this:
>
> 'ls \'IR.WCEDEX.EDEX3.REC0*.DT*.TM*\''
>
> Yet I continue to get the same errors.

You'll have to use double quotes as the outer quotes to embed single quotes
correctly.

> Dan, if you don't like the "-X" syntax, what alternative would you
> suggest for listing the file names rather than getting the actual file?

curl will do a directory listing instead of a file download if the URL ends
in a slash, so make sure your URL does. Then, you can give an -X command
if you want to use wild cards, but note that the RFC959 command for directory
listings is LIST (or NLST), not ls.

>>> Dan