Re: Loss of functionality on solaris with HTTPS SOAP

From: Wei Weng <wweng_at_kencast.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:50:51 -0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, user1k1_at_zapak.com wrote:
>
> First, your message mailformed so I had to dig out contents from the
> HTML and therefor I didn't bother to get everything out since it got
> annoying. Please fix your mailer to send correctly formatted mails, and
> don't send us HTML.
>
> Second, you're talking libcurl so curl-library is most likely the
> suitable list for you to take this subject to.
>
>> I am using CURL for HTTP connections. I use these HTTP connections to
>> send SOAP requests to the webservice. I have set MAXCONNECTS to 1
>
>> When my application initializes connections, after curl_easy_perform
>> call, these connections goes into close_wait state. Why? Subsequent
>> requests are successfull even the connection is in close_wait state.
>> Does CURL re-establish the connection inside curl_easy_perform.
>
> Yes, libcurl establishes, re-uses or re-establishes the connection as
> needed.

I can see his email fine in thunderbird. I believe here is the part he
inquired about:

My real issue is, after I start my application, it successfully sends
SOAP requests for two and half to three days. After that, it says
sending the request but nothing appears in the log of my webservice. If
there is any issue with the connection, why curl_easy_perform does not
return any error?

HTH

Thanks
Wei